Thursday, April 4, 2013

KOJIC ACID SOAP REVIEW

Hi! This is my very first review for a beauty product. I just wanted to share my experience on using Kojie-San Skin Lightening Soap. All of us, especially Asian girls, really wanted to have whiter skin, because when you're white, you're beautiful, so we try everything and use many products to achieve that goal. It was first recommended by my sister, since I wanted to have a lighter skin. She advised that I should try Kojie-San, it is very effective when it comes to skin whitening though she also warned me that it is an acid soap.. What does it mean? An acid soap makes skin thinner that may result into more sensitive skin. Yes, it will remove your blemishes but on the other hand, it will make your skin more sensitive.. I am not saying that it will happen to those who haven't used this product but this what happened to me. Before, I used to have pimple once or twice a month, every time I have my period. But it has been two weeks since I used this soap to my face, and OMG!! A lot of pimples appeared to my face, I just thought that maybe that was just the initial reaction of my face. So I just ignore it, for several days. But the breakouts got severed. I got worried on what will happen to my face if I continue using it, so I stop it before it may lead to futher severe results. It has been two months since I stop using it, but still my face is more sensitive. I am now prone to acne. Stress is not a reason because I just recently reached my end-of-contract from my job.. so I am having a relaxation time for almost a month. When it comes to the body, it has no side effects, it will just dry up your body skin and you just have to apply lotion to moisturize it. This is just a warning to those who wanted to use this soap on their face. You can first try to apply the soap on the lower side of your cheek for two weeks and see the reaction of your skin, then that will be the time where you can say if you're going to continue using it or not. Thanks for reading this post!
This is my face without any makeup. Before makeup can handle blemishes but after using Kojie San.. eight pimples and an acne appeared.

18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. No. My skin is not sensitive before I use Kojic. My skin layer became thinner after using it causing it for breakouts.

      Delete
    2. So far I think it's not just this brand but maybe kojic is not good for some skin... I tried belo kojic and tranxenamic soap and I experience the same breakout and had to suffer for months... My pimples are dry now and my derma recommend fraxel to remove the scars.. I never had acne before until this one.. maybe doesn't happen to all but better check sensitivity first.. I had use organic premium products before but I wanted to lighten my face cause my neck and body is lighter.. but never again will I risk trying something and choose more organic stuff. Hope this helps. I'm glad I wasn't alone on this experience.

      Delete
    3. So far I think it's not just this brand but maybe kojic is not good for some skin... I tried belo kojic and tranxenamic soap and I experience the same breakout and had to suffer for months... My pimples are dry now and my derma recommend fraxel to remove the scars.. I never had acne before until this one.. maybe doesn't happen to all but better check sensitivity first.. I had use organic premium products before but I wanted to lighten my face cause my neck and body is lighter.. but never again will I risk trying something and choose more organic stuff. Hope this helps. I'm glad I wasn't alone on this experience.

      Delete
  2. continue using...im using kojic soap too.first a lot of pimple appeared and when i used the soap my pimple get dry and i continue and continue using it until after a week i see some changing on my face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How long does it take to see the result?

      Delete
    2. Will my skin come back to its original form when I stop using it?

      Delete
    3. Will my skin come back to its original form when I stop using it?

      Delete
  3. Kojic acid soap is used as a skin lightening agent for people who may have sun spots, freckles and other forms of pigmentation on their face, hands and neck. There are several types of Kojic acid soap brands available, and the formulation can be used on its own or as part of a skin lightening facial treatment. Shop online for Soap, Makeup, Pumps Picks, boots, Slimming Coffee at Ana’s Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had order the kojic acid soap not for lightening but to clear up dark spots and even my skin. I have dark spots all over my legs and it's annoying and ugly. Due too sun exposure,I'm from the caribbean so there's no way to get away from the sun . Do yu know if I can use this soap for my dark spots only ? or I'll have to use it all over my legs . In oder to even my skin out? Also under my arms and knees

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, I know there's a sunblock that can be use together with the soap since you mentioned that there's no way to protect your skin from sun on your place. While using this soap your skin becomes sensitive, because it generates new skin tissue/cells, so you have to protect it against to the sun.

      Delete
  5. I have been using it for 5weeks and my acne keep increasing. Should I just stop? I am using Marie France kojic

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey pj. may i know if how long do you leave the soap on your face?maybe you leaving to too long thats why you're breaking out. the standard time you should leave it is 1-2 minutes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Been using kojic for years. Im not dark skinned but my skin got even lighter and everyone noticed. But, I dont use kojic when Im washing my face because our face skin is a lot more thinner than the other part of our skin. I just use regular soap. Note: when you are using kojic soap dont let it sit on your skin for too long 3 mins is good and then rinse immediately

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its just my opinion but since it is an acid soap it will dry up your skin. Due to this extreme dryness the skin produces more oil, and this oil is the reason why you had breakouts. I would suggest you to heavily moisturise your face after using the soap, you could also try layering moisture like the koreans do. Due to this moisture, the skin wouldn't freak out thinking that it dried out and wouldn't produce excess oil and sebum. So no acne!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the most effective way of using kojic soap on face is when you are indoors and is out of the sun for a couple of hours. It will buy time for your skin to regenerate and recover without the outside threats like the suns ray that could interrupt the skins recovery and lead to breakouts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for this review bcause my face is getting lighter but my pimples divide more 😣

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is suggested that you must use SPF cream after usage of this soap. Since it will dry out your skin. Maybe that is the reason you got breakout on your skin

    ReplyDelete